So for this skylight installation, we will:
- Remove Certainteed Landmark shingles around the perimeter of the existing skylights as
- Remove the existing 2' x 4' WASCO Skylights
- Prepare the decking around the opening with Certainteed WinterGuard "Ice and Water Shield" to protect against
- Install the new 2' x 4' WASCO Skylights with the new EPDM Flashing system
- Add new Certainteed Shingles to match existing around perimeter of skylights as per
Home Restorations Md warrants installation against leaks for ten (10) years.
Before During and After Skylight Pictures and
As usual, everything went well with this skylight replacement. The new
WASCO skylights fit perfectly and no interior modifications were necessary. Here's what our
customer had to say about the whole operation:
The PayPal billing and payment transaction went smoothly. The process was very
easy and secure.
The video you sent me looks great. It was very informative. I've been showing it
to everyone at work. I did not know it had rained while I was away, but when I got
home, no leakage!!!! And of course the new skylights look terrific. Plus, I saved a
ton of money with you.
Thanks so much for your professionalism and great work. I will be sure to pass
along this favorable experience to the folks in my community. You have truly
restored my confidence in home contractors. Please feel free to use my comments as
you deem appropriate.
Anita Allen - Severn,
We really can reduce the overall cost; sometimes by over half! The key
is that the newer, greatly improved WASCO Skylights retain the older interior dimensions, so they
fit into the original chute without any interior alterations. And:
- The glass seals are much better and sealed with newer technology.
- The newer EPDM built in flashing system is much improved requiring no roofing
- It's usually cheaper to replace the whole skylight rather than just the glass unit; so
you get the benefit of all the new improvements.
Caution: Don't listen to the "other guys" that try to switch skylight brands
on you. It will only take more labor/materials to alter the interior "chute" and cost
more money. WASCO has some updated glass options if you're interested in spending more money . .
Guess what? Many Contractors aren't even aware of this stuff!
I'll be happy to personally inspect your leaky skylight(s) and let you
know what your options are. Simply fill out the form below, or call 240-435-4500
and leave me a message, and I promise to take great care of you . . .